Terms and Conditions
Part A. Terms for using the Unclaimed Asset Register
- These conditions together with your
completed Search Request constitute your entire agreement with
the Unclaimed Assets Register (“UAR”)
and supersede any previous agreements.
UAR should not be bound by, or be liable
for any representations or promise (other
than fraudulent misrepresentation) which
is not contained in these conditions.
- No waiver, modification of or addition
to any of those conditions shall have any
effect or be binding upon UAR unless
in writing and signed by an authorised
representative of UAR.
- These conditions shall be governed
by the laws of England and Wales,
and shall be subject to the exclusive
jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Following the payment of the fee, UAR will search its database and may make enquiries of such institutions in the United Kingdom as shall be deemed appropriate based on the information provided.
- UAR may undertake a search for the purposes of verifying you or your client’s identity.
- UAR will use reasonable efforts to report the results of searches, within 2 working days after confirmation of your payment.
- Any Match will be notified to you as a match reference number together with the relevant contact details of the financial institution. The financial institution will be given your client’s details and the same reference number in order for you to follow up the Match.
- A Match does not guarantee and actual entitlement.
- ‘Match’ means an apparent similarity between the details you have provided and the details held by the financial institutions searched by the UAR relating to entitlements to unclaimed assets.
- UAR will not retrieve any assets under this service. You will need to contact the financial institution directly, and to satisfy their authentication procedures before collecting any such unclaimed assets.
Data Protection, Confidentiality, and Search Results
- UAR warrants that it is registered as
a Data Controller and complies with the
Data Protection Act 1998.
Standard of Service and UAR's Responsibility to You
- The success of a search is dependent
upon many variables. UAR seeks
to manage such variables by using
computerised and/or manual analysis
to match information you supply with
information of financial institutions.
However, such information may be
incomplete, out of date and/or inaccurate
in certain respects. Consequently, UAR
cannot give any assurance that:
UAR warrant that its service will be
provided with reasonable care and skill.
All other warranties, representations or
terms of equivalent effect that might be
implied by law are excluded to the extent
permitted by law.
Given the nature of UAR’s service
its liability to you whether for breach of
contract, negligence or otherwise shall
not in any event exceed twice the amount
of your search fee.
- any unclaimed assets exist;
- your search will give rise to a Match;
- any Match will give rise to any asset to
which your client is in fact entitled; and
- there are no other entitlements or
claims to any unclaimed asset.
- UAR reserves the right to reject a
search request. In such event UAR will refund the
- It is a criminal offence to obtain
any financial asset by deception or
to attempt to do so. UAR respects the
privacy of individuals and seeks to guard
against the unauthorised access to or
misuse of information. Therefore UAR:
- requires all searchers to confirm
their identity and/or authority in order to
receive details of a Match
- confines search results to a financial
institution’s contact address and a
Match reference number. It is for the
financial institution to apply its own
For the protection of those genuinely
entitled to unclaimed assets, UAR
reserves the right to notify any concerns
it may have as to the propriety of a search
request to the police.
- UAR or its licensors own all the rights (including patents, copyright, database rights and trademarks) to all the materials contained in the website,
and (subject to clause 3 above) the information the website collects. In this Part B we refer to all this as 'the content'. The content does not
include information or Matches provided to you as part of the UAR service, which is dealt with in Part A.
You must not copy, pass on, sell, publish or make profit from any of the content without first getting our written permission. The content includes a number of trademarks (including Experian) that are owned by us or our licensors. By making the trademarks available on the website, we are not giving you any permission to use them.
- view and display the content on a computer screen;
- print individual pages on paper or make a reasonable number of photocopies (or both); and
- store the content in electronic form on your computer's hard drive for your personal, non-commercial use only
- The content is only for general information, and UAR provides it as it becomes available. UAR takes reasonable care to check that the content is
accurate and complete before publishing it on the website. However, because UAR gets the content from a number of different sources - and
because of the issues involved with providing information through the Internet - UAR cannot guarantee that the content will always be accurate,
available, complete or fit for any particular purpose.
- UAR does not guarantee that the content is free from viruses, or that you will always be able to use the website without any interruption or error.
If you download any content to your computer or take the content from the website in any other way, you do so at your own risk. UAR will not be
responsible for any damage to your computer or any of the information on it.
- UAR does not accept any responsibility for any mistakes, errors or other faults in the website and the content, or for how you use the
website and the content.
- However, nothing in these conditions removes or limits UAR’s liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for any
liability which it cannot limit or exclude under the relevant law.
Links to other websites
The website may contain links or references to products, materials or websites provided by organisations that are independent from UAR ('third
parties'), either directly or through frames (for example, where two or more web pages are displayed as a single page). Although UAR may make this
material available, UAR does not in any way recommend, endorse or promote it. If you have any complaints about the third-party material UAR
makes available, you should contact the relevant third party. You must not link to this website without first getting UAR’s written permission.
Products and services
- It may be possible, through this website, for you to have access to a facility to buy products or services from third parties. Nothing on this or other
websites that UAR and Experian run forms an offer to sell any third such party products or services. How you buy and use these products or
services will depend on separate terms and conditions, and you may need to register with the third party.
Advertising and sponsorship
- Part of the website may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for making sure that the material they give
UAR to include on the website keeps to the relevant laws and codes. UAR will not be responsible for any mistakes or inaccurate information in
If any court having the appropriate authority finds that any of these conditions are not valid, this will not affect the validity of any of the other
conditions. If you or UAR fail to take advantage of any right we have under these conditions, it does not mean you or UAR are giving up that right.
These conditions will be governed by, and interpreted in line with, English law. You agree that the English courts will have full authority to settle
any dispute that may arise out of or in connection with these conditions.
UAR may make changes to any part of the website or the content (including these conditions) at any time. UAR will tell you about any changes to
these conditions by showing the date of the changes in the 'Last updated' section below. By using the website after the date UAR make any
changes, you are agreeing to the changes.
Last updated: 25th March 2011
The Unclaimed Assets Register
is a trading name of Experian Ltd
The Sir John Peace Building
NG2 Business Park,
Nottingham, NG80 1ZZ.
Registered England No. 653331.
© 2017 Experian Limited. All rights reserved.